10.06.2008

- Stepping back for a bit -

Well, after much prayer & thought on this subject, I feel I need to step back for a bit as far as doing much 'hands on' work goes with Hands That Heal. The reason has nothing to do with having a problem with anything or anyone [not at all!], but instead, it has to do with everything going on here at the house.
`
As some of you may know, we adopted a baby girl that's 4 weeks old today. We were at the hospital when she was born & brought her home with us at 2 days old. She's doing fabulous in every way except for the fact that at night when she's sleeping, she stops breathing!! It's really bothering us & we've had her at the doctor 2 times so far for it already & she's going in for extensive testing on the 20th. Due to all that she's going through, we're like getting no sleep at all [almost literally].
`
If that's not enough, we're moving into another home in less than 3 weeks. Moving can be a trying time in & of itself for a family of 2 or 3, but we're a family of 8 & so it'll be nothing short of miraculous to get this done [when 4 of the 8 are 6 & under!].
`
I'm the type of person that if I say I'll do something, then you can count on me to throw 110% into it or I'd just as soon not do it at all. That's why I'm at this point now, I don't feel with everything that's going on here, that I can give 110%, so therefore I feel the need to step back.
`
I've talked this over with Rebekah & things between us are great, it's just that this' something that I need to do for our family at this time. I'll still help out when/where I can, but it'll be more of a 'behind the scenes' thing for now.
`
Thanks to all those that have been praying for Hands That Heal, since it began. Your prayers are so appreciated & will be what makes this organization continue from here on.

2 comments:

Rebekah Hubley said...

Lori-

You are an amazing person and an amazing friend!!! God brought us together for a reason, and if that reason was only so that I could meet an amazing person that otherwise I would not know; then this was all worth it! God does not need us at all to do his work, we are just blessed to be chosen!!! Get some much needed rest, and hang in there girl!!! :-)

Homeschoolin' hot-rodders said...

If there is anything ya'll need help with let me know and I could do my best to help :)

Angela