3.11.2009

AUCTION...

That's right, Hands That Heal will be having an auction June 13, 2009. I am so excited for this!!! Four years ago I was campaign coordinator for a little boy who was having a kidney transplant. We did a benefit auction for him at our church, and we raised over $14,000.00 that day. It was the most amazing and energizing day!

If we could even come close to this amount, think of all the people that will benefit... Missionaries would not have to worry about finding the $ to get the kids here, and host families would not be required to carry the whole financial burden of adding an additional member for a time being. Also, there are a lot of little things that add up when our patients are here.

So, what can you do???? Do you make anything that you want to donate for the auction? Do you have any sports memorablelia that is collecting dust? Do you know any famous people that could autograph something??? ;-) Anything will help!!!

If you want to donate an item, or just make a monetary contribution, I will be able to get you a "In kind donation" form for tax purposes.

Also, if you live anywhere close to Fort Wayne, Indiana; mark June 13, 2009 on your calendar and come and join us for a morning of great fun and God's goodness!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR DONATIOINS!!!

Just leave me a comment if you have any questions, or would like to be involved in any way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

rebecka, I received your blog site from Jim and Bobbi Hanson, and have read what you are doing. I have a donation of a wool hooked rug I would like to donate. I have hooked this rug myself as we have a wonderful store here in our small town. Please accept it on behalf of Saltbox Primitive Woolens. Please advise where to mail it.
Katie Paxton